It's been a busy, exciting Fall! I'm just back from Wordstock: Portland's Book Festival where there was a huge turnout (thousand's more than in year's past) at its new beautiful venue the Portland Art Museum. Amanda Bullock, the Festival's Manager, did a terrific job with the lineup and pairings. And I always enjoy working with the staff of Literary Arts. Everyone is a pro.
Adrian Tomine's Killing and Dying book release (just out in Oct.) has been going very well too. This Sunday marks Adrian's 4th week on the NY Times Best Sellers list and his tour wraps up tomorrow (Nov. 12th) at Skylight Books in Los Angeles with Tunde Adebimpe from TV on the Radio. If you're in LA, hope you can make it out!
Today, I wanted to share a quick preview of the books, authors, and projects I'll be promoting January-May 2016 . . .
* Paul Lisicky's The Narrow Door (Jan. 19th, 2016 / Graywolf Press / memoir)
* Sara Majka's Cities I've Lived In (Feb. 16th, 2016 / Graywolf Press & A Public Space / debut fiction)
* Danielle Dutton's Margaret the First (March 15th, 2016 / Catapult / fiction)
* Justin Tussing's Vexation Lullaby (April 12th, 2016 / Catapult / fiction)
* April 1-30th, 2016: O, Miami Festival of Poetry returns (various locations throughout Miami-Dade, FL / Festival)
* Michelle de Kretser's Springtime (April 18th, 2016 / Catapult / fiction)
* The Tale of Shikanoko Series by best-selling author Lian Hearn book 1 Emperor of the Eight Islands (April 26th, 2016), Book 2 Autumn Princess, Dragon Child (June 7th), Book 3 The Lord of the Darkwood (August 9th), Book 4 The Tengu's Game of Go (Sept. 27th)
(all 4 books in the series publishing in 2016 / Farrar, Straus and Giroux / fiction)
* Katie Chase's Man and Wife (May 10th, 2016 / A Strange Object / debut fiction)
Book covers pictured above: Paul Lisicky's The Narrow Door, Sara Majka's Cities I've Never Lived In, Danielle Dutton's Margaret the First, and Katie Chase's Man & Wife